APLA members may belong to the following categories:
· Petrochemical or Chemical Companies with Headquarters / Subsidiaries and manufacturing facilities located in Latin America.
· Petrochemical or Chemical Companies with production facilities located in non Latin-American countries.
· Companies related to the Petrochemical or Chemical Industry and service providers.
· Logistic service providers.
· Chambers and / or Associations of the Petrochemical and Chemical sector.
· Scientific, technological and professional Institutions related to the Petrochemical and / or Chemical Industry.
· Individuals with experience in the sector in Latin America, with no current activity in companies related to the petrochemical and / or chemical industry.
· Individuals named by the Ordinary General Meeting, who have made relevant contributions to the sector in Latin America.
APLA's objectives are thought to provide clear benefits to its members.
1. Promote the relationship and mutual cooperation among Companies, Institutions, Research Centers and other organizations related to the Petrochemical Industry.
2. Provide means to facilitate contacts and business among Companies related to the Petrochemical business.
3. Promote the development of intense personal relationships in order to facilitate friendly links among Company's Officers.
4. Organize meetings, congresses, round tables and symposiums.
5. Elaborate reports and analytical market studies.
6. Train and develop the human resources required by the Petrochemical Industry in the Region.
7. Encourage the production of papers and research works related to the Sector.