APLA and Logistics: Annual Meetings and Regional Benchmarking
APLA and the Logistics of the Latin American Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
Our association is strongly linked with the logistics of the industry, and it has become a reference for our sector, making a concrete and valuable contribution to improve the competitiveness of the industry.
APLA has focused on two areas of work.
Ø Latin American Logistics Meeting
This annual meeting takes place every year in different cities of Latin America. It has 11 past editions.
It receives Logistic Directors and Managers from 7 countries, coming from manufacturing, distributing and logistic services companies.
It enables to participate in a Program of technical conferences, and also attend presentations and panels where key issues and points of interest for the Regional logistic Business are discussed. It is the meeting point of Latin American Petrochemical and Chemical companies with their logistic service providers.
For information of past editions, please visit Last Meetings section.
Ø Benchmarking of Logistics for the Latin American Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
APLA leads a regional Benchmarking, being the only one of its kind in the industry in Latin America. It allows knowing the estate of the logistics in the industry, providing valuable information for the participating companies.
• To develop set of drivers aiming to improve the logistic performance of companies
• To create the basis for the continuous improvement processes inside companies
• To promote best practices among the industry
For these objectives, Workshops in 6 countries were performed (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, y Venezuela), with the valuable help of the national Chambers of the Chemicals industry.
Benefits achieved for the participating companies:
• They could compare their logistic performance with other similar companies in the region
• They were able to make improvements inside their own companies
• They could count with personalized and confidential reports
1º Edition 2005
2º Edition 2007
3º Edition 2008/2009